Dear Residents and Resident Representatives,
Chapin Home continues to strive to safely keeping our facility open for in-person visitation. Chapin Home is vigilant to follow the ever-changing guidance of NYSDOH, CDC, and CMS.
Throughout this process, we have been dedicated to providing clear access to the guidance along with how we are instilling our own proactive and preventive precautions to protect our Residents and Staff. We continue to welcome visitors providing visiting opportunities, four (4) times a week with each resident scheduling a visit per week.
We are grateful for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate this together.
In-Person visiting now takes place on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Please scroll to bottom of page to start the process.
We continue to stay current with all guidelines issued by the Dept. of Health and CDC and update our visiting policy as regulations change.
What guidelines need to be followed to continue to offer in-person visitation?
- All visitation appointments will be booked through the Chapin Home website and will be held outdoors weather permitting or as per DOH guidelines. Visits to Units and individual resident rooms are not permitted at this time.
- All visitors are subject to the COVID screening process, including visitors ages 16 and under, who must be accompanied with an adult 18 and over
- For non-vaccinated visitors we continue to highly encourage bringing a Negative PCR Result (including those ages 16 and under). The results must be within seventy-two (72) hours of your scheduled visit
- Visitors must follow all Travel Advisory guidelines and notify facility staff if they have traveled internationally
- All visitors must wear a face covering on the premises and any/all additional PPE deemed necessary by local health departments must be worn during the entire visit
- Social distancing will still be enforced, no eating or drinking and public bathrooms are available to families that have been cleared for the in-person visit (at the end of the visit).
The Facility has the right to refuse or suspend visitation whenever deemed necessary
We encourage everyone to get Vaccinated for the benefit of your loved one and the Chapin Home community
We also welcome families/friends to share their vaccination status with us
Visits now run for up to (1) One Hour and if you arrive late your visit will still end at scheduled time, no exceptions
In closing, we hope all the above listed information, the flyers and the Chapin website, the statistical letters and the Robo-Alert calls help you determine if In-Person visitation is available and something you are interested in doing. We encourage all loved ones to continue to utilize the Zoom and FaceTime call option if you are not able to meet the above thresholds or just do not feel comfortable coming to the facility.
Should you commit to an In-Person visit with your loved one, please treat this opportunity with the utmost respect and care. The Chapin Team has worked tirelessly in the fight to keep our Residents and Staff healthy and we hope you take that shared responsibility as seriously as we have.
The Chapin Home Team Revised: 10/22/2021
Schedule Your Visit
Please click the button below to start the process of scheduling your Chapin Home visit. Please do not request visits more than (2) weeks in advance.
To allow for all residents the opportunity for a visit each week any second requests will be confirmed within 24 hours of the visit.
We allow a maximum of 3 people per visit, each guest must have a completed form, which will include acknowledging Infection Prevention education and In-Person Visiting Guidelines
Upon completion of this form you will be offered an opportunity to fill out a second and third online form for your guest.