Chapin Home is open for visiting
In keeping with the regulations pertaining to visitation, The Department of Health as per the Governor is requiring all visitors to submit the results of COVID negative test to enter the facility. We thank you for your cooperation and continued diligence in keeping our residents and staff safe.
Please see below for what you need to know to visit at Chapin Home and how to keep our Community Safe.
Visitor Testing (as of 1/12/2022)
- All nursing homes must verify that visitors have received a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result one day prior to visitation for antigen tests and two days prior to visitation for NAAT (e.g., PCR) tests.
- Chapin Home is unable to conduct onsite testing of Visitors at this time.
- Chapin Home will be providing self-administered test kits to visitors who are unable to test outside the facility.
- For visitors who visit for multiple days, including a visitor who comes every day, proof of negative testing is required as often as feasible, at a minimum every third day (meaning at a minimum testing is required on day 1, day 4, day 7, and so on).
Chapin Home recognizes that the Governor’s directive and subsequent DOH clarification allows for some test results to be used over more than one, 24 hour period of time. HOWEVER, due to the highly contagious nature of COVID 19- and its ability to spring up quickly, it is Chapin’s strong suggestion that visitors avail themselves of the free self- test and complete it each time you visit your loved one.
Rapid test results have proven effective in identifying and preventing infected Visitors from gaining access to the Home.
Please help do your part and Test each time you arrive!
- Fully Open means we are now open for visiting seven (7) days a week.
- Suggested visiting times are between 10AM – 8PM (Visiting before or after these hours will need to be arranged through Social Work)
- Visits are no longer scheduled. ** Mezz family members read below.
- Since Social Distancing must be observed, our resident rooms will allow for 1 – 3 visitors at a time as a result.
- No large group family gatherings are permitted at this time.
- All visitors will be screened, including temperature taken before entering.
- All visitors will need an official Photo ID to sign in.
- Vaccination status is critical and we appreciate all efforts to share.
- Non-vaccinated visitors will be permitted to visit in room with a PCR test result within the past 72 hours.
- Non-vaccinated visitors without PCR will visit in our Day Care area in front of building.
- No visitor will be allowed entrance if they do not pass screening.
- Visitors Please do not come in building
- 1. If you are sick,
- if you have been in contact; COVID19 positive person in past 14 days;
- If you traveled internationally in past 14 days to any country with travel restrictions in place.
- All visitors MUST wear masks inside our home, including when visiting in rooms
- All visitors MUST follow social distancing throughout the building
- All visitors MUST use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving building. Wash Hands/sanitize hands as needed during visit.
- Chapin Home, its residents and guests MUST follow the CDC Core Principals of COVID19 Infection Prevention. (See Attached)
- Visiting is Limited to Resident Room or Outdoors.
- After signing in Go Directly to resident’s room
- Follow signs / use Visitor Elevator “E” ONLY to 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Please do not linger around unit
- Please do not engage conversation with other residents.
- Currently visitors are not permitted in our Great Hall or Multi Purpose Room
- Currently visitors are not able to participate in our group programs.
- Please do share any concerns/questions via Inquiry Form. The Inquiry Form is two sided for laundry and other issues. This form can be picked up at any nursing station, our front security desk, or ask a staff member to get you a form.
- Please bring completed Inquiry Form to our security desk upon exiting the home
- Please do feel free to schedule an appointment with our staff before arriving or set something up for another day. To allow for as little traffic foot print our office areas/nursing station/rehab area is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Please note that our Ground Floor will not be accessible to visitors.
- There is no lunch available to visitors or Vending Machine access at this time.
- ALL VISITORS MUST INFORM SECURITY WHEN YOU ARE LEAVING FOR THE DAY.
** VISITING ON OUR MEZZ FLOOR.
Because of this unique neighborhood we are asking that visits be ‘loosely’ scheduled by
and scheduling a time between the hours of
10AM – 12PM and 2PM – 4PM, 7 days a week.
Someone will get back to you to confirm room availability for your time request.
Visits on this floor must have support since our residents are comfortable moving about, for their safety,
visits must continue to take place in our visiting room.
All these points are subject to change based on the needs of the facility and guidance from Federal, State and Local regulations.
We are Here to Help
Visitation & Covid-19
Throughout the pandemic, Chapin Home has constantly worked to help families maintain close contact with their loved one. We understand the vital importance of family support and offer daily in-person visits and limited video chats on Wednesday afternoons and on Sundays.
As the COVID-19 outlook develops and changes, we are committed to keeping our families up to date on current policies, ensuring residents can remain close to their loved ones – whether this be in person or digitally. Keeping our residents well connected to family members and friends will always be a key priority for us at Chapin Home, and the events of the past year have only strengthened this ethos.