Visit Us Today
Chapin Home continues to follow CDC, CMS, NYSDOH guidelines
Visiting Information (as of 7/22/2023)
- Chapin is fully open; we appreciate visiting between 10am and 8pm to allow resident to rest. Mezz visitors see below**
- Chapin continues to offer Covid 19 self-testing available at front desk
- Chapin will continue to screen and if you’re feeling sick, please defer your visit.
- Visitors encouraged to wear masks when on premises (in-doors or outdoors), available at front desk
- No more than 3 people at a time in our residents rooms
- Visits up to 5 people can take place in our Day Care room off front lobby or outdoors weather permitting
- Please contact recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a larger group visit.
- No food/Drink during visits anywhere in the home, please feel free to leave food/drink at nursing station to be given after your visit
- Chapin continues to encourage everyone to get vaccinated and we appreciate anyone who wishes to share their status.
- All visitors are expected to limit their visit to their loved ones and follow elevator direction signage.
- Visits can take place in your loved one’s room or outdoors as weather permits on our beautiful patios.
- All visitors please social distance with other residents and staff during your visit.
- Visitors please be sure to inform security when you are leaving for the day and sign out of Kiosk.
Suggested Visiting Hours
** Mezzanine remains Chapin Homes most unique unit and we continue to ask for visitor to loosely schedule with activities. See Below:
** VISITING ON OUR MEZZ FLOOR.
Because of this unique neighborhood we are asking that visits be ‘loosely’ scheduled by
and scheduling a time between the hours of
10AM – 12PM and 2PM – 4PM, 7 days a week.
Someone will get back to you to confirm room availability for your time request.
Visits on this floor are supported to maintain a sense of ease in this community.
All these points are subject to change based on the needs of the facility and guidance from
Federal, State and Local regulations.
- General Store
- Beauty Parlor
- Beautiful Outdoor Patios and Koi Pond
- iPads for FaceTime and Zoom if needed or required to connect with Loved ones unable to visit.
From New York City:
- Take the Grand Central Parkway to Parsons Boulevard, exit 16
- follow the Service Road to 164th Street
- make a right, two blocks to Chapin Parkway, (traffic light) make a left
- Chapin Home is located at the top of the hill
From Long Island:
- Grand Central Parkway West to 168th Street Exit 17
- take the Service Road to 164th Street, make a left
- go two blocks south of Chapin Parkway
- make a left on Chapin Parkway to top of the hill
- Independent Line Hillside/Parsons stop
- Take Q65 Flushing bound (north) to 164th street and Chapin Parkway
- Walk up hill to nursing home
- #7 IRT or LIRR to Main Street
- Take Q65 Jamaica bound (South) to 84th Avenue and 164th street
- Walk up hill to nursing home
- “R” or “F” train on Independent Line to Parsons Boulevard Station at Hillside Avenue
- Take Q65 to Chapin Parkway
- Walk up Hill to nursing home
- Chapin Home is located on Chapin Parkway & 164th Street, Jamaica, two blocks south of the Grand Central Parkway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there an age restriction for visiting at Chapin Home?
A: Any on-site visiting has an age restriction. Children under 16 can visit with an adult 18 years of age or older.
Q: Is there parking available on site for visits?
A: We have limited parking on-site. If available 1 vehicle per family will be allowed to park in our front parking lot located to the right of our entrance. Please announce yourself when you buzz in. Let security know your name, how many people in the vehicle and the resident and time of your appointment.
Q: Do I have to wear a Mask?
A: Chapin Home encourages all visitors to wear a fabric or surgical mask for the continued safety of residents and staff.
Q: What is Chapin Home’s policy on Social Distancing?
A: Staff, residents and visitors of Chapin Home are highly encouraged to practice social distancing.
Q: Can I bring food or drinks to my visit?
A: The DOH guidance is no food or drinks during visits. You are welcome to leave food or drinks for your loved one at the security desk area. We will be sure to get this treat to your loved one after the visit.
Q: Can I bring a gift/flowers/other items?
A: We know that family and friends love to give and bring gifts, flowers and other items for their friend and loved one. Please feel free to leave all items at the front desk and they will be delivered to your loved one following the visit.
Q: How many people can visit during an In-Person Visit?
A: Each In-Person visit can have up to 2 visitors. All visitors must read the visiting guidelines and sign that they have read and understand their content. Please go to (link to In-Person page) for more detailed information and to sign up for a visit.
Q: Is there any reason my visiting at Chapin Home may be cancelled?
A: In an effort to always promote health and safety, and in accordance with CDC and NYSDOH guidelines Chapin Home reserves the right to suspend, restrict or restructure the Visitation Policies and Procedures at any time.
Q: What if I have a question about my loved one that does not have to do with Visiting at Chapin Home?
A: Please feel free to reach out to our Social Work Team and our Nursing Team to get assistance with addressing any non-visiting issues.