All rooms are attractively decorated with traditional furniture. Residents are invited to bring some of their own accessories to further enhance the home-like atmosphere. The rooms are cleaned and maintained by Housekeeping and Maintenance. The following are some of the amenities offered at our Queens nursing home facility:
- Rooms diligently cleaned and maintained by our Housekeeping and Maintenance service.
- Laundry service by an outside professional service (or clothes may be laundered by the resident’s family‚ if desired.)
- A weekly general store is available for personal shopping‚ and traveling jewelry and clothing stores visit the home four times a year.
- A full service Beauty Salon is available two days a week.
- Mail is delivered daily and arrangements can be made for daily delivery of newspapers.
- Available to our residents at a reasonable cost are Private Phone Service, TV Rental and Cable TV.
It’s common for seniors moving to nursing care to feel apprehensive about loss of independence. Amenities like our weekly general store, traveling stores and beauty salon allow residents to enjoy the independent life they value, within the safe environment they deserve.
Ultimately, Chapin Home’s mission has always been to provide residents with a true home. We know that moving to residential care can be a daunting prospect, which is why we strive to provide all the amenities seniors need to feel independent, comfortable and well supported.