Why We Exist
Chapin Home for the Aging’s mission has remained steadfast since Mrs. Hannah Chapin opened our doors for the first time in 1869. Throughout history and to this day, Chapin Home has strived to provide residents with a true home, constantly adapting and evolving to suit the ever-changing healthcare needs of aging seniors.
About Chapin Home
Offering the highly personalized, skilled care needed to encourage optimal health and wellbeing, we go lightyears above and beyond basic senior nursing and rehabilitation care. With decades of experience, we know that excellent care requires so much more; a comfortable living space you can truly call home, a rich social life, physical activity, and cognitive support are all integral for holistic health and wellness.
At Chapin Home, we believe seniors deserve to enjoy their retirement in an environment that grants them the serenity and security they always dreamed of. Our teams of skilled nurses and rehabilitation experts are driven by one common goal – empowering our residents to live a life filled with happiness and opportunity, underpinned by seamlessly integrated care. Combining expert nursing and rehabilitation care in a comfortable living environment, we aim to promote optimal physical and mental wellbeing for each of our valued residents.
Mission & Values
Chapin Home for the Aging operates as a nonprofit organization. It is governed by a Board of Trustees. The Executive Vice President serves as the Administrator of Record. Every department is supported by highly qualified staff members.
From short-term rehabilitation residents who want to move back home quickly, to long term nursing residents who require more advanced amenities, people love Chapin Home. No matter what your loved one needs, we’re here to help them get where they need to be.
Chapin Home for the Aging is proud of its reputation. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives and futures of senior citizens by providing high-quality care for our residents. We have been serving New Yorkers for over 150 years, and hope to make it 150 more.
We are rated five-stars by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, so you can rest assured that you or your loved one will receive nothing short of the highest quality, professionally certified holistic care here at Chapin Home.
Schedule Your Visit Today!
We know how important it is to feel truly at home in a nursing care facility, which is why Chapin Home encourages prospective residents and their family members to pay us a visit. During your visit, you will have the opportunity to meet our wonderful residents, caregivers, skilled nurses and rehabilitation team. See our state-of-the-art facility for yourself and wander the impressive, peaceful grounds in which Chapin Home is nestled. Arrange a visit today to explore our home and allow us to answer your questions in person.
We are Here to Help
Missions, Values, & Governance
As a not-for-profit organization, Chapin Home for the Aging is governed by a voluntary serving Board of Trustees, with our Executive Vice President as the Administrator of Record. Each department has several levels of supervisory personnel, all of whom are highly trained to supervise and assist with any problems or concerns.
We understand that living life to the fullest looks different for everyone. Our short-term rehabilitation patients may wish to return to their own home as quickly as possible, whereas our nursing care residents need supportive services to live happily with us in the long-term. Whatever you or your loved one may require, we’re here to get our residents to where they want to be, and are committed to changing lives for the better.
At Chapin Home for the Aging our reputation precedes us, and we want it to stay that way. With over 150 years dedicated to offering top quality care to New York residents, our mission is to continue creating positive change and touching the lives of seniors for decades to come.
The CMS’ Five-Star Quality Rating System aims to help families more easily identify excellent skilled nursing facilities. Establishments are rated based on a range of core factors including staffing, physical and clinical measures of wellbeing and health and safety inspections. Chapin Home is proud to have been awarded a five-star rating by the CMS for our outstanding quality of care.
We believe that senior care is stronger in numbers. In our mission to deliver the best quality of care for our residents, we maintain close professional affiliations with several leading medical centers, area hospitals and home health agencies. Hospice services are offered jointly with the Hospice Care Network and the Visiting Nurse Service of New York. At Chapin Home, we work collaboratively with our network of medical providers to ensure our residents consistently receive the cutting-edge, specialist care they deserve.
- Provide a ‘True Home’. We believe in going above and beyond for our residents, because no care plan can be deemed a success until a patient or resident is happy in their environment. We understand that moving into residential care for the first time can be daunting. At Chapin, we strive to ensure our seniors feel at home as quickly as possible. By providing attentive, individualized care, excellent on-site facilities and a calendar of recreational and social activities, we’re dedicated to cultivating that ‘true home’ feeling from the outset.
- No Cookie Cutter Approaches. At Chapin Home for the Aging, we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to delivering highly personalized care plans. Whether a senior is with us for short-term rehabilitation following an injury or illness or for long-term residential nursing, we stop at nothing to provide the targeted, detailed and all-encompassing care our residents deserve.
- Quality Care for all. Chapin Home was founded on the strong philosophy of Dr. Edwin Chapin – “what is your need, not your creed.” This sentiment still sits at the forefront of our beliefs, driving everything we do. As a not-for-profit organization, we believe that all seniors deserve an enjoyable retirement and access to the absolute best in nursing and rehabilitation care.
- Holistic Care Delivered by Experts. Inspired by our mission to provide a true home for our residents, we believe that quality care goes beyond the surface level. At Chapin Home, we’re committed to meeting our residents’ every need. We’re proud to offer not only the absolute best in nursing and rehabilitation, but exemplary nutritional, cognitive, social and emotional support, too.
- A Family Focused Approach. Family caregivers are important to us. After all, you know your loved one better than anyone. We strive to keep families as involved in the care of their loved one as possible, and will always encourage you to take an active role in the development of their personalized care plan. With more than 150 years of serving seniors, we understand that moving a parent or loved one to a nursing facility can be difficult. At Chapin Home, we’re here for the whole family. Whether you need help and advice or a simple chat, we’ll be there to offer all the support and encouragement you need.